Tomato Mushroom Farfalle
Makes approx. 4 servings
- 1-2 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 12 oz. Farfalle (bow ties) Pasta cooked separately in salted boiling water
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 Green Olives, finely chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced or 1 oz. reconstituted Dried Wild Mushrooms
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried Oregano
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper flakes (optional)
- dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 4 - 6 oz. vegetarian demi-glace*
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
* We recommend 1-1/2 oz Veggie-Glace Gold (vegetarian demi glace) reconstituted in 4 to 6 ounces of hot water.
Sauté onions in olive oil 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add olives, then mushroom, and cook until mushrooms are tender. Add capers, garlic, and spices. Add the tomatoes and sauté briefly.
Add the Veggie-Glace Gold or Jus de Poulet Lié Gold (chicken based demi glace) and cook until dissolved, then add the red wine and reduce. Add enough water to reach the desired sauce thickness, then add the parsley.
Toss with the cooked farfalle and serve. Garnish with additional parsley and parmesan cheese (if desired)